When you choose to work with Intermodal Cartage Company (IMCG), you are making an investment in your future. IMCG has had a presence in the southeast for over 35 years and we have drivers on our team who have been with us almost that long.
IMCG values our drivers base and know you have a life outside of work. We value work life balance and ensure our drivers are home with their families’ most nights.
We value hard work and loyalty and we make a special point to celebrate it. At our terminal of Memphis’ IMCG, we have a Wall of Trailblazers that showcase our drivers who have been with us for over 15 years.
Wondering what else IMCG offers? Here are even more benefits:
- You receive great pay. Owner operators can make up to $168,000 a year, and company drivers can make $75,000 a year!
- You go home daily. A healthy work-life balance is important to us at IMCG.
- You receive safety bonuses – quarterly and annually. Your safety matters to us, and we value safe drivers.
- You won’t be bored. IMCG has consistent freight, so you will always have work to do.
- You have a solid, long-term career. Many of our drivers have been with us for decades!
- Company drivers drive new, updated trucks. Automatic transmissions, accident mitigation – our newest fleet are Macks!
- Discounted fuel, with savings of .35 per gallon off retail, or more!
- You have 24/7 anytime access to our depots.
- Truck parking with access to a shop for maintenance and repairs.
- You can do your best work thanks to the latest technologies, which have been added to all of our trucks.
One of the main benefits they offer is the ability to own my own truck. I paid off my first truck through the MyTruck program last year, and I am getting my second truck now. Other companies have a lease to purchase program, but it is not as valuable as Intermodal Cartage’s. Here, we get help with quality maintenance. One company I worked for provided no help with maintenance. For an owner operator, something as simple as a blowout can end up costing $5,000 – $20,000 out of pocket. So, having the MyTruck pool available to help with maintenance needs has been a lifesaver.
I started with the company 25 years ago. At first, I dealt mostly with the president. In fact, that first year, the two of us made a pact to grow the business and grow gray hairs together. I’ve been here ever since. I like to pull my own weight and they do too. The pay here is good. I’ve raised three children on it and sent some to college. And, the insurance is good too. I am from Arkansas and they have given me dedicated routes in Arkansas, so I wake up at home every day and go to bed at home every night too. I’ve been very happy with the equipment. I’ve driven Mack Trucks and other brands, but the Internationals I drive now are the best. They are comfortable – they are safe, they don’t rattle or squeak and they have great maneuverability. I have always tried to do what’s asked of me as a driver, and at Intermodal Cartage, I’ve always been rewarded for that effort.
I like this company because I like my job and being home with my family every day. I drive a dedicated route between Nashville and Memphis. Every week when I get my check, I can see how much I’ve saved on fuel, and it’s a lot of money. Our company fuel discounts save me about $200 each week! I’ve been with Intermodal Cartage for about 5 years, and I know I’ll be here for 5 more or longer!
I’ve been driving trucks for 42 years. In recent years, I became interested in how to save money on fuel. My company provided some guidance on driving techniques to maximize my miles per gallon. Now, I try to maintain a speed of 60-62 miles per hour. And, if loads are in the 40,000 lb. range, I maintain a speed of about 55 to make sure my tires aren’t getting too hot. As a result, I save about $150 each week in fuel costs alone. Now and then, another driver will speed past me, but I just keep my cruise control set and take my time. They might get there faster, but I’m going to get there safely and with a fatter wallet.
When you’ve worked as long as I have for the same company, your routine is second nature. And, when you have a wife and grandson to come home to, you appreciate the flexibility that IMC Companies provides, allowing me to spend quality time with them at the end of each day.